We figured we’d give bragging, about the high protein content of our chocolate, a rest (for now), so we took it upon ourselves to rave about something else, and that’s fibre!
Not many people focus on dietary fibre as much as they do protein, but it is very important for digestive health. There are two main types Soluble and Insoluble fibre….that’s not all!! They also reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and a variety cancers, it even plays a part in weight control.
“our high protein chocolate offers more fibre in a serving than a serving of almost all fruits and vegetables…”
A closer look at the benefits
- Makes you feel fuller for longer, curbing cravings and aiding weight loss
- Soluble fibre may help lower blood cholesterol and reducing blood pressure
- Reduces risk of bowel cancer
- Helps control blood sugar levels, slowing the absorption of sugar and improving blood sugar levels aiding those with diabetes
So how much Fibre do we need?
All those important nutritionists and dieticians recommend that we need around 30g of fibre per day on average coming from a balanced diet, and when our high protein chocolate offers more fibre in a serving than a serving of almost all fruits and vegetables, you’d be silly not to incorporate it as part of your balanced diet!
- Anderson, JW., et al. Health Benefits of Dietary Fiber.Nutr Rev. 2009 Apr
- Anderson, JW., et al. Health Benefits and practical aspects of high-finer diets. Am J Clin Nutr. 1994 May
- De Vries, J. On defining dietary fibre. Proc. of the Nutrition Society. 2003